If you’re anything like me, then your entire homeschool is basically built around good reading material! This momma heart swells big time when I see my kiddos sitting down with a good book. Here is a collection of my favorite homeschool reading resources made just for all my fellow book lovers out there.
Each week I will share a book with you that we love in our home! Some may be seasonal, some will be classics, and some are those I grew up with and have passed onto my own kids! Be sure to check back each week to see what is added!
- 20 Best Picture Books About Birds for Children of all ages!Using picture books in your nature studies can bring so much richness into your home! Birds are one of my favorite subjects to learn about because there are birds everywhere you go. They’re easy to study and see up close, and even easier to learn about with these 20 picture[Read more]
- Summer Reading Book Ideas- Children’s Books to Read in JuneSummer is here and that means summer reading! Dig out the books and get to reading with your children. Most of us have either finished school and are on break or have relaxed our schedule which means that there’s more time to lay a blanket outside and read together as[Read more]
- The Perfect Picture Books to Read in AprilI’m always on the lookout for the perfect pictures books. Finding seasonal books to add to our collection and our morning basket is a time consuming task, though! I’ve done all of the work for you with this list of perfect picture books to read in April. Enjoy reading together[Read more]
- Free bedtime stories you can easily add to your child’s routinePicture it: It’s the end of the day and you’re getting your kiddos ready for bed. “Tell me a story, mom!” So you head over to the book shelf…. “No, a new story!” You look at your child with a blank look on your face. A new one?! Child, I[Read more]
- Using Usborne Books in your HomeschoolWe believe in a relaxed, child-led approach to education allowing the kids to pursue their interests. Because of this, I like to have books on lots of various subjects available to them. When my kids have a question, my famous line is, “We have a book about that!” Books are[Read more]
- Twaddle Books are Welcome in our HomeschoolWe’ve started adapting a Charlotte Mason inspired homeschool over the past year. I love the relaxed ways of Charlotte Mason curriculum and the style of learning that comes along with it. But, one thing I just can’t accept is the rule about twaddle books. Sometimes, we just need silly nonsense[Read more]
- Kid’s Books About the OceanWe dove into reading this month and learned all about the ocean. We’ve been living at the beach so natural learning started to happen and questions came up every day. We found some really cute books to learn about some favorite sea creatures. Here are eight kid’s books about the[Read more]
- 25 Days of Christmas- Countdown to Christmas with this book list!Christmas is an awesome time of year to come up with all kinds of new family traditions. We have added a few to our family that we really love, including having 25 days of Christmas books! This is how we give the gift of reading to our kids in the[Read more]
- Are You My Mother CraftWe have been reading Are You My Mother for first grade reading. Whenever we read a book, a craft or activity to tie into it is a must! Here is our Are You My Mother craft from this past week.
- Fish Bowl CraftMy first grader has been having a great time with his reading and the crafts to go along with it! Our latest book, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, has been a lot of fun. This fish bowl craft has been the perfect addition to our reading time!
- First Grade Reading ListLet’s talk reading lists! And I mean REAL reading lists. Books that your kiddo is expected to read. I feel like all of the reading lists I find, especially for the lower elementary years, are for read alouds. Now, read alouds are great! They are necessary. But, I need a[Read more]
Homeschool Reading Resources
I hope this list of homeschool reading resources has given you some great ideas for activities and books to check out soon. I’d love to hear what your favorites are!
For more resources, support and encouragement come join my relaxed homeschool community!